You are hereBack to top
DK Eyewitness Austria (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Stunning Alpine landscapes, sparkling lakes, art-filled palaces – Austria is a blend of pristine nature and high culture. Whether you want to hike in the alps, visit remarkably well-preserved medieval towns or simply indulge in Vienna's decadent café culture, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Austria has to offer.
The beauty of Alpine peaks, idyllic valleys and magnificent waterfalls has long enchanted visitors to Austria and inspired a rich cultural output. You’ll see it on the evocative cobblestoned streets and grand boulevards of Austria's cities, where the sounds of Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven fill the air, and magnificent palaces stand shoulder-to-shoulder with modern architectural masterpieces.
Our newly updated guide brings Austria to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings Austria to life. DK Eyewitness Austria is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Austria you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Austria’s must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Austria, from Vienna to Syria, Tyrol to Burgenland.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: Vienna Inner City, North of Mariahilfer Strasse, South of the Ring, Beyond the Centre, Lower Austria and Burgenland, Styria, Upper Austria, Salzburger Land, Tyrol and Vorarlberg, Carinthia and East Tyrol.
Only visiting Vienna? Try our DK Eyewitness Vienna or DK Eyewitness Top 10 Vienna.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer