You are hereBack to top
Fodor's the Complete Guide to the National Parks of the USA: All 63 Parks from Maine to American Samoa (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
- Fodor's produces the only up-to-date print guidebook dedicated to the National Parks of the West
- Guide includes the nation's newest park, White Sands National Park in New Mexico (2019), as well as all the parks in Hawaii, Alaska, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Helpful articles include Best Thing in Every National Park, Best Hikes in Every National Park, Best Campsites in Every National Park, Best Lodges in Every National Park
- Parks visitation in 2019 surpassed 2018 by more than 9 million recreation visits, a 2.9% increase
- Visitation to national parks in 2019 exceeded 300 million recreation visits for the fifth consecutive year.
- The 327.5 million total in 2019 was the third-highest since record keeping began in 1904.
- Visits to and interest in the national parks and other outdoor areas has skyrocketed due to travel Covid-19 related travel restrictions.
- The June 2020 Season 3 premiere of the Paramount Network's scripted drama "Yellowstone" drew 4.2 million total viewers, up 76% from the season 2 premiere. Across four networks (three Paramount Network telecasts and three simulcasts on CMT, TV Land & Pop) the Season 3 premiere drew 6.6 million total viewers to rank as the No. 1 most-watched cable premiere of 2020.
- New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the front
- New back cover is fully-redesigned
- "Best of" Lists will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going)
- Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
- Other useful features including Great Itineraries, Need to Know Before You Go tips, Park Pass information, a guide to Wildlife in the Parks, a Geology and Terrain Field Guide "Planning Your Visit" (logistical planning tips section) now at the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
- Stronger Voice and Opinions give all Fodor's guides more personality. Books are more friendly and conversational in tone, going beyond informational to being inspirational
CURATED AND RELEVANT:
- Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.
- Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.