You are hereBack to top
Fodor's Rome (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to tour the Roman Forum, explore the Vatican, or marvel at the Colosseum, the local Fodor's travel experts in Rome are here to help Fodor's Rome guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Rome travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Best Museums," "Best Ancient Sites," "Best Churches," "Under the Radar Things to Do in Rome," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "The Sistine Chapel Ceiling," "Ancient Rome Wasn't Built in a Day," and "Life in the Campo de' Fiori."
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- ITALIAN LANGUAGE PRIMERS with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Vatican City, the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, the Pantheon, Trastevere, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, and more.
Planning on visiting other destinations in Italy? Check out Fodor's Essential Italy; The Amalfi Coast, Capri, and Naples; Venice; and Florence and Tuscany.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us